The Tee Total Thread

Beckar

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I pick up accents easily. Went to see family in london for about a week.. and a London accent kept slipping out.. Im like nuuuu :( And had to be really careful when talking cause I didnt want a London accent haha XD

hiya. :)

wow...i really don't know how a london accent is diff from another english accent...or how a posh accent is different from other english accents, either (though i can thankffully tell the diff btwn mika and lady sovereign! :P)

wow...i really don't know how a london accent is diff from another english accent...or how a posh accent is different from other english accents, either (though i can thankffully tell the diff btwn mika and lady sovereign! :P)

Ohh there is a HUGE difference!

Hiya andi :punk:

And in Dutch we use the word brace for a thing to hold a broken leg together. Not plaster, but a construction.

yeah we also use that word brace for like a back brace or yeah leg brace... ahhaah languages are so confusing sometimes :roftl:

Are you able to tell the difference in accents in Canada.. like from the provinces? :D

Are you able to tell the difference in accents in Canada.. like from the provinces? :D

well, i can tell if someone has a newfie accent, if that's what you mean...:wink2: i can't tell which province has which accent, but i can tell if someone has a maritime accent.

well, i can tell if someone has a newfie accent, if that's what you mean...:wink2: i can't tell which province has which accent, but i can tell if someone has a maritime accent.

I find some northern Alberta people have a slighty English accent.

ahha yes you can def tell a newfie accent or around that area :D

I love all accents its neat listening to them all! even if you can't really understand what they;re saying :)

To clean:

Dutch: schoonmaken

Flemish: kuisen

To whine, to nag:

Dutch: zeuren

Flemish: zagen (in Dutch this is the word for sawing)

blue i might be totally off here, but does dankesche ring any bells??

its the accent for the people who live by the sea.

But the sea/coast is big? Here you will have a different accent if you live by the sea in Cornwall, than if you live by the sea in the North East, etc? Not just one accent for coast dwellers!

But the sea/coast is big? Here you will have a different accent if you live by the sea in Cornwall, than if you live by the sea in the North East, etc? Not just one accent for coast dwellers!

like ashley said, maritimers are from nova scotia, new brunswick and p.e.i.

their accent is sort of scottish sounding!