The Tee Total Thread

Beckar

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you able to tell the difference in accents in Canada.. like from the provinces? :D

That reminds me of this Canadian girl I met in Australia. French was her first language, but it sounded so different from the French I had learned at school!

I used to be quite good at recognizing different English accents - like south and north, Irish and Scottish, Canadian and American, Australian and New Zealand. But it's all sunken away. :biggrin2:

dont worry Nicole, I don't either. Which is why I'm about to sit back with a hot chocolate and just listen! hehe

but it is good to sometimes just sit back and listen, esp with a tempting cup of hot chocolate

Oh ok thanks! :thumb_yello: I'd think of being called posh more of a compliment :D

Me too... And I like Mika's accent. But sometimes people make fun of you when you have an upper class accent... Happens here too.

Here in the east they say I have an upper class accent. In the west they say my eastern accent is quite obvious. :biggrin2:

That reminds me of this Canadian girl I met in Australia. French was her first language, but it sounded so different from the French I had learned at school!

I used to be quite good at recognizing different English accents - like south and north, Irish and Scottish, Canadian and American, Australian and New Zealand. But it's all sunken away. :biggrin2:

Thats just like theirs a difference in Spanish from Mexico and then from Spain.. not that I speak it or anything:roftl:

Theres also differences in each state you go to in the USA.. like theres a tennessee accent and then a oklahoma, georigian.. i used to have a georgian accent :roftl:

Me too... And I like Mika's accent. But sometimes people make fun of you when you have an upper class accent... Happens here too.

Here in the east they say I have an upper class accent. In the west they say my eastern accent is quite obvious. :biggrin2:

oh my relatives laughed at me and my sisters when we asked them if they wanted us to make them tea.. we were like 7,8 and 9 and we had this REALLY southern accent I dont even know if they understood what the heck we were talking about even :D

blue i might be totally off here, but does dankesche ring any bells??

Danke schön! :thumb_yello:

That means 'thank you' in German. In Holland we say 'dank je wel'.

[Edit] Or actually it means 'thank you very much' (schön = good, nice)

oh my relatives laughed at me and my sisters when we asked them if they wanted us to make them tea.. we were like 7,8 and 9 and we had this REALLY southern accent I dont even know if they understood what the heck we were talking about even :D

Was it because of the accent or because of making tea? :biggrin2:

I loooove the expression 'cooking tea' for 'making dinner'. :biggrin2:

i spent some time in liverpool visiting and i found the gordie accent quite hard to understand, esp when they speak fast

*raises hand* I'm a Geordie......

Was it because of the accent or because of making tea? :biggrin2:

I loooove the expression 'cooking tea' for 'making dinner'. :biggrin2:

Oh it was the accent, I used to have no idea what they'd be saying to me, even now if I hear an English accent I really hafta concentrate especially if its like a really thick accent.

canadian french is VERY different from parisian french, LOL!!!

i vistied my cousins in paris and they found our french really funny.

i agree...we pronounce the word "etre" as "AIEtre" or frere as "frAIEr".

and when canadian french speak english, it's quite diff from parisian french.

when parisian people say "the boy" it would sound like "ze boy" but when canadian frenchers say it it sounds like "dah boy".

it's really funny to listen to if you don't speak the language...just hear our ex-prime minister, jean chretien, speak. :)