The Tee Total Thread

Beckar

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i went on a UCAS convention thing last week with school and basically went round and asked each uni if they did science courses, if they said yes, i took a prospectus :)

I did want to do optometry and become an optician but now i'm not sure. So I'm thinking of perhaps doing Physics at Surrey. or Biology...or natural sciences....i really don't know anymore!

well i went on a UCAS convention thing last week with school and basically went round and asked each uni if they did science courses, if they said yes, i took a prospectus :)

I did want to do optometry and become an optician but now i'm not sure. So I'm thinking of perhaps doing Physics at Surrey. or Biology...or natural sciences....i really don't know anymore!

go and visit as many as you can and ask questions

ask the students there question s about the social scene and then narrow it down to a few.... you want to go to surrey?

Hi there everyone.

I'm really happy because my Mika tickets (Birmingham) arrived today!

Charlotte -I spent 3 years studying a subject I didn't like at university, so my advice to you is to choose the university that offers the widest choice of subject units to study in the first year, giving you the option of changing your final choice before year 2.

Don't commit to anything until you've studied it for at least a term first!

(I did genetics, but I should have done environmental biology!)

Hi there everyone.

Charlotte -I spent 3 years studying a subject I didn't like at university, so my advice to you is to choose the university that offers the widest choice of subject units to study in the first year, giving you the option of changing your final choice before year 2.

Top stuff Mika Mad , Birmingham will rock!:punk:

Hi there everyone.

Thanks for the advice Mika Mad :)

Module 2 in my A-Level syllabus is Genetics....I'm finding it really hard :(

I preferred module 1 which is about cells :)

Module 3 is about transport systems - I find the heart and breathing parts of the module difficult but transport systems in plants I enjoy :)

If I did something like Natural Sciences, I have a wide range of choices....I'm really not sure!

Thanks for the advice Mika Mad :)

Module 2 in my A-Level syllabus is Genetics....I'm finding it really hard :(

I preferred module 1 which is about cells :)

Module 3 is about transport systems - I find the heart and breathing parts of the module difficult but transport systems in plants I enjoy :)

If I did something like Natural Sciences, I have a wide range of choices....I'm really not sure!

It sounds to me like you're better off avoiding the more molecular subject and sticking to the things that are studied at a cellular level.

My problem with genetics was that it turned out to be very closely linked to biochemistry.

I prefer systems and cells to molecules and chemical pathways and I suspect that you might be the same.

Seetickets.

They didn't come in the post -they were delivered by a man in a car!-weird!

what?

I booked with them too and have heard nothing so far apart from e-mail after e-mail saying the tickets will soo be on its way...

I'm worried now

I'm rubbish at Chemistry so I think you're probably right! I like chemistry but I find it hard. I AM going to get a C or above in it this year though even if it kills me doing it!

I always struggled at chemistry too.

I only did it because you have to if you want to do biological sciences.

Stick with it -it will be worth it in the end!:thumb_yello:

Seetickets.

They didn't come in the post -they were delivered by a man in a car!-weird!

bu the way did you know that i put your gingerbreadmika at the bottom of the completed meadley lyrics sheet , (Posted last night , forum) you can take a look, he's pretty, i want him to go on top but i'm not sure how to do that ...