The Tee Total Thread

Beckar

Trying to get her to rest is the hardest thing. She is 15, and does drama, dance, pipe band, and also has her Standard Grade exams coming up :boxed:

wow! a very active girl!

I still don't understand the education system in Scotland despite having a friend who lives in Fife and a Scottish Biology teacher who have both been through the Scottish education system! So you go to uni at 17 rather than 18 right? I don't understand :o

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 of my engineers are veggies , we had this discussion today ...:biggrin2:

I'll admit that I've got a cold at the moment, but it's the first one that I've had for ages.

I'm much healthier than most of the non-veggies that I know (usually!)

My neighbour has been growing purple-headed broccoli in her garden - and you eat the leaves as well. Its very tasty - and full of iron. :thumb_yello:

My neighbour grows it at her allotment! I might ask her if I can buy some off her!

wow! a very active girl!

I still don't understand the education system in Scotland despite having a friend who lives in Fife and a Scottish Biology teacher who have both been through the Scottish education system! So you go to uni at 17 rather than 18 right? I don't understand :o

Usually you would be 18 - or just under depending when your birthday is. My son started Uni at 18, after doing 5th and 6th year at school. They start secondary at about 12.

hmmmm dont say alot on here but thought id share something wise....

Ive been vegetarian for 4 years now, and was only just diagnosed with anaemia on Friday (iron deficiancy)

So whoever youre talking about that's gone veggie, get them on an Iron supplement and drink lots of OJ with it....

Ive only been on Iron since Saturday and already i feel SO much better..!

hmmmm dont say alot on here but thought id share something wise....

Ive been vegetarian for 4 years now, and was only just diagnosed with anaemia on Friday (iron deficiancy)

So whoever youre talking about that's gone veggie, get them on an Iron supplement and drink lots of OJ with it....

Ive only been on Iron since Saturday and already i feel SO much better..!

If you eat a balanced diet, then it shouldn't be necessary.

I have been veggie for 20 years and have had 2 healthy pregnancies and I've never shown up as low iron when I've donated blood.

You must have had an iron deficient diet if you need supplements.