Beckar

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why....

it's good to swop vrtual people with real ones from timr to time, none of us will bite your head off, the opposite really!!

It just is:bleh:

Yup, I hope you won't bite my head off:bleh:

That is scary that you all speak English... I'm afraid that maybe I won't understand you or something:blink: At least Maria speaks Estonian.:blink:

That is scary that you all speak English... I'm afraid that maybe I won't understand you or something:blink: At least Maria speaks Estonian.:blink:

you speak supherb english , there will be no way you will feel lost or left out....if anything I have trouble with understanding people from up north, so Freddie will have to slow down and speak slowly!

Well, not for long, because we wanna get the cheapest flights... so I guess it would be something like 17-19...

long enough to enjoy the gig and see a bit of this little country from the back of the car window....it is so wonderful for you!

Morning everyone....well...it's only just the morning still but there we go!

I didn't get up til 11am! EEK!!!! so today's revision plan has gone out the window...time to make a new one!

revisions are hard when it's nice outsidr......

yes, best time is early or late...

don't worry plenty of time left

you speak supherb english , there will be no way you will feel lost or left out....if anything I have trouble with understanding people from up north, so Freddie will have to slow down and speak slowly!

So people from north, like Freddie speak quickly? At least this willl improve my English a bit, hearing you all speak in English all the time:bleh:

So people from north, like Freddie speak quickly?

no, but they have a regional accent I think it is jordey, and I havr trouble understanding northern accents, especially when they speak fast!

You don't have to be scared... As far as I can see as a non-native speaker your English is excellent! Trust me, as soon as you are surrounded by people who all speak English you automatically start thinking in English and talking in English. And I'm sure everybody will be helpful if you don't understand properlyor if you can't find the words! Nothing to worry about! :original:

You don't have to be scared... As far as I can see as a non-native speaker your English is excellent! Trust me, as soon as you are surrounded by people who all speak English you automatically start thinking in English and talking in English. And I'm sure everybody will be helpful if you don't understand properlyor if you can't find the words! Nothing to worry about! :original:

:original: So exciting.

If only it was that easy Steph! I've got enough maths papers to do AT LEAST 1 per day and my teacher wants the whole lot done for when I go back to school :cries:

Going to get on and finish some Biology notes now!

no, but they have a regional accent I think it is jordey, and I havr trouble understanding northern accents, especially when they speak fast!

Northern accents... Once I met this guy from Aberdeen. He was talking and talking and talking to me and the only thing I understood from the whole story was that he was from Aberdeen. :biggrin2:

But well... Aberdeen... That is even more further up north than Freddies place. :biggrin2:

Even in a small country in Holland the regional differences in accents are quite big. I see exactly what you mean, I also have difficulties with understanding particular regional accents.

i sometimes have trouble with finding the right word in english too as i'm bi-lingual and sometimes it can mess up the comprehension of some phrases .... Nicole you have really nothing to worry about...

Northern accents... Once I met this guy from Aberdeen. He was talking and talking and talking to me and the only thing I understood from the whole story was that he was from Aberdeen. :biggrin2:

But well... Aberdeen... That is even more further up north than Freddies place. :biggrin2:

Even in a small country in Holland the regional differences in accents are quite big. I see exactly what you mean, I also have difficulties with understanding particular regional accents.

the same with swiss or austrian german.....

the meaning of the words change too which canbe very awkward

i sometimes have trouble with finding the right word in english too as i'm bi-lingual and sometimes it can mess up the comprehension of some phrases .... Nicole you have really nothing to worry about...

If you notice me with a face like this----:blink: , then you'll now I'm lost:naughty:

If you notice me with a face like this----:blink: , then you'll now I'm lost:naughty:

even the english are lost sometimes, and they themselves don't know what they are talking about....

really you will be treated like a princess!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe, like Mika in the French video I posted in TTT earlier this morning, at the moment when the salesman came in. :biggrin2:

Unfortunately not, just popping out work to get a sandwich at the supermarket and then back to work! Did you make a start with your plans yet?

no not yet

had too many chores to do this morning

time off school is not good, I hsve no excuse to neglect other things then so I am working myself through a huge backlog of things.....