Mika's Tartan Trousers!

kath

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's just that he has such long legs! My husband's tall, but not all legs. We'll go for 36/37 - and leave a big hem!

OK!

BTW I have just been trying to turn a pair of trousers into a pair of shorts for Dave...........a relatively simple task one would think...........but it was not a happy experience!

Oh no!

OK!

BTW I have just been trying to turn a pair of trousers into a pair of shorts for Dave...........a relatively simple task one would think...........but it was not a happy experience!

Oh no!

Best not tell us the gory details. We must think positive - we have no choice now, Sunday is looming and we must succeed!

Best not tell us the gory details. We must think positive - we have no choice now, Sunday is looming and we must succeed!

I know! Dave just looked at me...........and the offending article..........and said, 'You had better get some practice in!'

My brother has text back - he is 6'4'' - and his inside leg is 34'' - so that seems to be around about the right size. If they didnt fit - Mika would just have to come back with us while we did some minor alterations!!! :naughty: :naughty:

Just go thome and recieved in the post the braces that I had ordered online. (mental note.......if you ever need braces, they deliver them very fast!)

Trouble is.......they are AWFUL! Talk about old man braces! I had hoped they would be light blue as that is what they looked like in the pic (even though they were described as grey!) and they are WAAAY to wide!

I will just have to work out a way of passing them on to Dave now without making hime know that he is second choice! (No matter what I try, he will know! Particulary as they are 'extra long' and he isn't! ) UH OH Tack and diplomacy required here I reckon!

Just go thome and recieved in the post the braces that I had ordered online. (mental note.......if you ever need braces, they deliver them very fast!)

Trouble is.......they are AWFUL! Talk about old man braces! I had hoped they would be light blue as that is what they looked like in the pic (even though they were described as grey!) and they are WAAAY to wide!

I will just have to work out a way of passing them on to Dave now without making hime know that he is second choice! (No matter what I try, he will know! Particulary as they are 'extra long' and he isn't! ) UH OH Tack and diplomacy required here I reckon!

Cant you decorate them or something - with fabric pens? I am sorry they turned out to be awful - tell Dave they are too good to give to someone you dont really know, and that you would like him to have them :blink::wink2::biggrin2:

why don't you try a department store or something like that, there are quite fashionble braces around...or try the markets

i might be going into the town tomorrow so ill see if i can find some light blue extra long braces :thumb_yello:

That would be really great Sheena if you could! I really drew a blank on the internet. There are some great ones but none that would go with the fabric.

Good idea Wendi but I think they are a bit too wide.....they are just not Mikaish!

When Dave came in, as soon as he saw them on the table he said 'are they for Mika' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick as a flash I said 'No, they are for you darling'! I don't think he was convinced though!

That would be really great Sheena if you could! I really drew a blank on the internet. There are some great ones but none that would go with the fabric.

Good idea Wendi but I think they are a bit too wide.....they are just not Mikaish!

When Dave came in, as soon as he saw them on the table he said 'are they for Mika' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick as a flash I said 'No, they are for you darling'! I don't think he was convinced though!

did he even have an inkling that they might be for Mika????

How's the project going? :wink2:

Going to sew the pants this weekend..?

You have the tartan already?

Just curious... :bleh:

Yes - Leezy and GITB have the material - and we are meeting up on Sunday to sew them. Should be a good laugh. I think the girls are going to post a picture of them here when we have finished!!

There is a picture of the tartan on this thread somewhere - probably about 20 pages back!!