2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

Sara i am looking at the Thistle Bloomsbury - 12mins away from the venue

and

The Hilton Olympia - near Holland park ( i think its nearish) well central anyway

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

muaHmua mUAHhmaUhAUA Haua hu =_=;; (me embarrassed)

i've just learned a new word!!! ;)

LOL!!! Sorry!! Yes, it's a husband. :roftl::biggrin2:

We will be leaving our accommodation in dress up so don't really want it to be too far.......

What are you doing Jennie? Still arriving in costume from travelling there? What about you Bab? Just driving up?

What about you Gulietta? Going from a hostel nearby? Did you say you are going with Tia? How fab! Would love to meet her to! She's a myspace friend.

I don't think i've got Lauren for a myspace friend..........*thinks*...

I am here sort of by the way, out in the garden drinking WHITE wine today! LOL!!:roftl::thumb_yello:

ok heres my plan

arrive in london on the 16th spend a day sight seeing book into a hotel

etc etc etc

on the 17th get ready for the concert and leave the hetol room in fancy dress...if the hotel is pretty far from the venue i will get a taxi if not i will walk there :biggrin2:

still have to organise accomodation and my fancy dress

*waiting for tickets to arrive via post*

I don't know what i'm doing yet :| I've got quite a way to travel and I think i'm gonna be on my own so i'll feel a bit silly in my costume walking through the ghettos of south London :| But if I find somewhere to get changed I'll have a bag of clothes to take in with me and... I need free hands :blink:

ok heres my plan

arrive in london on the 16th spend a day sight seeing book into a hotel

etc etc etc

on the 17th get ready for the concert and leave the hetol room in fancy dress...if the hotel is pretty far from the venue i will get a taxi if not i will walk there :biggrin2:

still have to organise accomodation and my fancy dress

*waiting for tickets to arrive via post*

I'm going down on the 16th too :thumb_yello: You should meet us lot at Kings Cross in the morning! Then we can all get to the place together and there's a lot less chance of getting lost :D

Gonna book my train later I think

I don't know what i'm doing yet :| I've got quite a way to travel and I think i'm gonna be on my own so i'll feel a bit silly in my costume walking through the ghettos of south London :| But if I find somewhere to get changed I'll have a bag of clothes to take in with me and... I need free hands :blink:

Jennie i have said it in this thread somewhere already but if you need somewhere to get changed your welcome to use our Hotel room especially as *im going to try and get close to the venue*

:wink2:

I don't know whether to drive in, but then you have the congestion charging and the carparks are so expensive in the central zone, or park further out and get public transport in, or just get the train in full stop, but then I will have to think about how to get back if I don't have the car, will have to think.

I'm going down on the 16th too :thumb_yello: You should meet us lot at Kings Cross in the morning! Then we can all get to the place together and there's a lot less chance of getting lost :D

Gonna book my train later I think

that means i guess i could get a hotel near to kings cross aswell?

oh i dont know

have to think and decide by next week :thumb_yello:

Jennie i have said it in this thread somewhere already but if you need somewhere to get changed your welcome to use our Hotel room especially as *im going to try and get close to the venue*

:wink2:

Ooh thanks :thumb_yello:

Shame I don't know anyone at Kings College... it's literally next door to Somerset House

My biggest problem is i simply dont know my way around london at all :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Maybe another reason why you should meet us at Kings Cross :naughty:

I've never really got lost in London. You can't get lost in London!

We used to play that game where you just get on the 1st tube that you see and get off at a random stop and keep doing that for a few hours and see where you end up hahahah :thumb_yello: I've been to so many random places from doing that

hahaha

well when we went to the leeds concert the first thing we did on exiting the station was walk in completly the opposite direction of the hotel :roftl: :roftl:

i have absolutely no directional abilities :naughty:

Maybe another reason why you should meet us at Kings Cross :naughty:

I've never really got lost in London. You can't get lost in London!

We used to play that game where you just get on the 1st tube that you see and get off at a random stop and keep doing that for a few hours and see where you end up hahahah :thumb_yello: I've been to so many random places from doing that

Oh, we used to do that kind of thing but with buses. We'd get on one and go to the end of the line, have a scout around then get on a different number bus and do the same again. We paid childfare at the time so it was cheap. And whiled away those long evenings.:naughty:

Oh, we used to do that kind of thing but with buses. We'd get on one and go to the end of the line, have a scout around then get on a different number bus and do the same again. We paid childfare at the time so it was cheap. And whiled away those long evenings.:naughty:

people at work have been telling me to drive in as far as Uxbridge and then get the tube in from there ....but i personally think that a coach will be easier and cheaper for me you cant really complain at a £2 return ticket :thumb_yello:

Er.....o.k, does anybody know what time the tubes un til?

I've got them at about... 1am before. They're ALOT less frequent after about midnight. When we went to a gig at Brixton last year it finished at 11.45 and we got home at 2.30am :| I ended up falling asleep on the floor for 30 mins waiting for a tube :thumbdown:

They have night busses though if you need them.

Ahh yes I've done that here. I ended up in Oxford somehow.. (using my West Midlands bus pass...?)

I got so lost though my dad had to drive and fetch me hahahah

O.k, thanks Jennie. Will have a word with hubby about it. :thumb_yello:

Use this journey planner and it'll tell you the times of the tubes/busses and how long they will take etc. (Temple is the nearest stop to SH)

Apparently it'll only take 23 mins for me to get back!!