2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

:roftl: Got noo idea where im staying at the moment :roftl: :roftl:

hey hunssss!!! long time no see:)

hehe me either!! think we need to get this sorted, have u any ideas? i just havent had time to look!!!:bleh:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i have lots and lots of ideas but i just cant choose

Do we go for a nice secure hotel in the centre on the city really close to the venue and this will cost uss £99 for two days - Thistle Bloomsbury which said it was 12mins away from somerset house

Or do we go for a bed and breakfast - havent done much research into this one because of my total lack of knowledge into distances and such

Or do we opt for a hostel which is much cheaper - but as i have been saying to people they scare me but i guess all we need is somewhere to sleep plus i guess it means more spending money :naughty:

Ive been looking at Ashlee house its about 25mins away from Somerset House two tube away

i have been using

http://www.londontown.com because they offer discounts off the price of lodgings

along with

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

which Jennie kindly found for us last night

*I think wee need to decide and book by the weekend*:wink2:

Yes i have lots and lots of ideas but i just cant choose

Do we go for a nice secure hotel in the centre on the city really close to the venue and this will cost uss £99 for two days - Thistle Bloomsbury which said it was 12mins away from somerset house

Or do we go for a bed and breakfast - havent done much research into this one because of my total lack of knowledge into distances and such

Or do we opt for a hostel which is much cheaper - but as i have been saying to people they scare me but i guess all we need is somewhere to sleep plus i guess it means more spending money :naughty:

Ive been looking at Ashlee house its about 25mins away from Somerset House two tube away

i have been using

http://www.londontown.com because they offer discounts off the price of lodgings

along with

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

which Jennie kindly found for us last night

*I think wee need to decide and book by the weekend*:wink2:

i know where the Thistle is but not the other 1. B+B would b cheaper, yuck ever seen the film hostel? hehe....

the thought of getting on a tube dressed up just makes me laugh. OMG!!!!

thou i dont mind ppl. staring at me and i know london quite well so if u r going to use a tube it really doesnt matter where u stay. if we pay more we will b closer and no tubes, erm its a tough 1.

oh u know im not good at making up my mind:blush-anim-cl: im a libra:naughty: Got a pin handy?? just pick one and ill book us in!:wink2:

i really getting xcited about this it should b great fun, i hope its not a day like today, raining soooo bad:(

or we could stay in the same hotel as Marriane84 i have just checked out

http://www.hotelsclick.com/indexe.php?country=United_kingdom&city=London&hotel=Royal_national&hotel_id=4785&language=en&gclid=CJjMpYCK3owCFSQHEgodPCrs6g

and it still comes to about 100£ each for two nights *special offer taxes included*

and we can easily meet up with the rest of the gang who are meeting at kings cross to get to the venue on the 17th

baahhh there is just soo many possibilities...aslong as theres a bed for two nights i really dont mind where we stay :punk:

or we could stay in the same hotel as Marriane84 i have just checked out

http://www.hotelsclick.com/indexe.php?country=United_kingdom&city=London&hotel=Royal_national&hotel_id=4785&language=en&gclid=CJjMpYCK3owCFSQHEgodPCrs6g

and it still comes to about 100£ each for two nights *special offer taxes included*

and we can easily meet up with the rest of the gang who are meeting at kings cross to get to the venue on the 17th

baahhh there is just soo many possibilities...aslong as theres a bed for two nights i really dont mind where we stay :punk:

hahahaha, we are both as bad as each other:bleh:

i know where the Thistle is but not the other 1. B+B would b cheaper, yuck ever seen the film hostel? hehe....

the thought of getting on a tube dressed up just makes me laugh. OMG!!!!

thou i dont mind ppl. staring at me and i know london quite well so if u r going to use a tube it really doesnt matter where u stay. if we pay more we will b closer and no tubes, erm its a tough 1.

oh u know im not good at making up my mind:blush-anim-cl: im a libra:naughty: Got a pin handy?? just pick one and ill book us in!:wink2:

i really getting xcited about this it should b great fun, i hope its not a day like today, raining soooo bad:(

Don't worry about going on the tube in costume. I've done it a few times and suprisingly didn't get that many funny looks!

The only people who seemed amused by us were the security men hahah

I also hope it's not raining (althought it's actually really sunny here right now) But I hope it's not too hot wither...or we'll be collapsing left right and centre. (Especially since you're not allowed to bring drinks in according to the tickets!)

If you wanted to go for closeness to Somerset House

there is the Waldorf Hilton - would cost £250 each :roftl: 3minutes away from the venue

Realistically thought it would be the Thistle Bloomsbury says its 12mins away from Strand wc2r which is where somerset house it

But again costing us slightly over 100 each which i guee is 50£ per night which isnt too bad when put in perspective

and no i havent seen the film hostel and i dont really fancy it :shocked: :shocked:

I know where that is too, i can take u into covent garden:biggrin2: i promise no shoes thou:wink2:

you know they will charge us £200 for 2 nites stay and give us characterless furniture, lol at least they are honest!!!!

dont ya just love london!!!!!:naughty:

there is the Waldorf Hilton - would cost £250 each :roftl: 3minutes away from the venue

Realistically thought it would be the Thistle Bloomsbury says its 12mins away from Strand wc2r which is where somerset house it

But again costing us slightly over 100 each which i guee is 50£ per night which isnt too bad when put in perspective

and no i havent seen the film hostel and i dont really fancy it :shocked: :shocked:

No don't watch that film. Especially if the hostel option is still here at the moment. Anywhere near Embankment, Blackfriars or Charing Cross is within walking distance anyway though.

Lol i promise ill b better with directons in london than Leeds!!!!!! London is really easy to get around, no probs. and the tube doesnt bother me, thou they all seem to b around the same price even if u r further so i guess the thistle, thou if i win the lottery ill book us into the Waldorf!!! hehe and we'll get driven to somerset house, which is across the road!!!! hahaha

I lived in hostels most of the time during my travels Down Under. I enjoyed it - and no I haven't watched the film. :biggrin2:

Maybe this is a useful site: http://www.hostellondon.com/

Lol its gross, not nice thou i feel asleep b4 the end so i dont suggest ppl. rush out and buy it!!!!:bleh:

thx blue ill check these out b4 i book:biggrin2:

No don't watch that film. Especially if the hostel option is still here at the moment. Anywhere near Embankment, Blackfriars or Charing Cross is within walking distance anyway though.

No, i agree - don't watch it!!!:eek: :mf_pain: LOL!!:roftl:

Ok Tia i will leave the hotel booking for you :bleh:

dont forget two nights 16th - 18th :wink2:

Oh and if i won the lottery i would book everyone into the Hilton hotel :naughty:

Im really looking forward to this its going to be soo much fun

:woot_jump: :woot_jump:

Tempted to come to Glasgow yet?

i HATE scary movies i think the scariest thing i have ever watched is The final destination movies ...now i am terrified of flying, driving and rollercoasters :boxed: :boxed: :shocked:

i HATE scary movies i think the scariest thing i have ever watched is The final destination movies ...now i am terrified of flying, driving and rollercoasters :boxed: :boxed: :shocked:

Lol!! :roftl: Know what you mean though......it's spooky innit!!!!

Can't wait for this big MFC meet up - it's gonna be fab!!! And....................................guess what!??!!!

My tickets came today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb_yello::naughty:

Ok Tia i will leave the hotel booking for you :bleh:

dont forget two nights 16th - 18th :wink2:

Oh and if i won the lottery i would book everyone into the Hilton hotel :naughty:

Im really looking forward to this its going to be soo much fun

:woot_jump: :woot_jump:

Tempted to come to Glasgow yet?

thx bexx!!! hehe...

i will email u the choice b4 i book thou, ok!!

I haven booked glasgow, im guessing its sold out?! havent checked any 4 a while!!!

I have to say i think ill looking 4ward to the BIG CHILL the most, i dont know why its just the most beautiful place and its gonna b like a mini holiday!!! and no where near as "hard work" as some festivals can b!!!:bleh: this is gonna b a great summer. a mika summer:biggrin2:

Surprisingly no none of the venues have sold out yet :boxed:

Glasgow is going to be great :thumb_yello:

well i have to head out back to work shortly but will ba back online after 9pm :biggrin2:

Your right it definately will be a mika summer - still need to find myself a tent though i think i need a unique tent so i can relocate it and not climb into someone elses tent by mistake...because you just know its something i would do :boxed:

Surprisingly no none of the venues have sold out yet :boxed:

Glasgow is going to be great :thumb_yello:

well i have to head out back to work shortly but will ba back online after 9pm :biggrin2:

Your right it definately will be a mika summer - still need to find myself a tent though i think i need a unique tent so i can relocate it and not climb into someone elses tent by mistake...because you just know its something i would do :boxed:

really???!!! i am very surprised!!! thou im thinking of paris, so erm something else to think of this weekend!!!! ok have erm fun in work, ill b around later 2 so will show u wot i booked.

and yes a tent would b good!!! u can get groovy ones with flowers and stuff on!!!! yipppepepepepeeeeee im getting over xcited now!!!!:bleh:

I don;t do scary films either. I watched Darkness Falls and literally didn't turn a single light off in my house for over a week.

4 weeks and 4 days !!!!!!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I'm soo excited about this. BUT I must go shopping now and buy my dad a fathers day present then I MUST revise for my 7 A-levels I've got next week :'( After that I'm gonna have nothing to stop me spending all day planning for this gig :biggrin2:

I was going to do the Bupa charity 10K run in Hyde Park on the 15th with my sister but I just remembered how exhausted i'll be on the 17th :| I'm gonna need my energy!

really???!!! i am very surprised!!! thou im thinking of paris, so erm something else to think of this weekend!!!! ok have erm fun in work, ill b around later 2 so will show u wot i booked.

and yes a tent would b good!!! u can get groovy ones with flowers and stuff on!!!! yipppepepepepeeeeee im getting over xcited now!!!!:bleh:

i was going to get one with hearts on :wub2::naughty:

I was contemplating Paris but it just depends if my budjet can go that far :boxed:

*skips off to work happy in the knowledge her post counter is no longer the sign of the devil* :roftl: :roftl:

I don;t do scary films either. I watched Darkness Falls and literally didn't turn a single light off in my house for over a week.

4 weeks and 4 days !!!!!!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I'm soo excited about this. BUT I must go shopping now and buy my dad a fathers day present then I MUST revise for my 7 A-levels I've got next week :'( After that I'm gonna have nothing to stop me spending all day planning for this gig :biggrin2:

I was going to do the Bupa charity 10K run in Hyde Park on the 15th with my sister but I just remembered how exhausted i'll be on the 17th :| I'm gonna need my energy!

7 A-levels good luck!!!!!!:)

Tia! I was just thinking I hadn't seen you for a while! It was the France thing! :mf_rosetinted:

hey huns, no i havent been here 4 2 weeks, im glad someone noticed:naughty: i was rediscovering life!!!!! u know its carries on and everything!!!!!!:biggrin2: Hows u? i saw the french concerts that yopp put up!!! im tempted, wayyyy to tempted!! Lol i shouldnt b but i am!!!:wink2: