2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll arrive in the morning of the 16th and stay in London until the 18th. :)

Of course we'll meet at Strand if not earlier!

Aaaah! I'm so excited about this gig and my London trip... I still can't believe I'm really going! :D

I'm only meeting at Kings Cross becasue that's where the other guys are getting the train to. I'm coming from completely the opposite direction so it'd be much easier for me to go straight to the Strand or at Bank/Monument somewhere. Depoends which tube the guys are getting from Kings Cross.

Is anyone else coming from South East?

Ok, People meeting at Kings Cross, which route will you be using to get to SH?

Either Normthern line to Embankment and then circle to Temple or the other side to Bank then circle to Temple.

Don't think there's much difference time-wise but if you go via Bank I can meet you there which is kinda half way for me?

(Sorry if I just confused everyone)

How close is the picadilly Hostel to the strand anyway walking distance?

oh and Jennie - REVISE LOL

:( Oops I forgot.

Picadilly is close-ish to the strand. or you can hop on a tube for one or 2 stops.

Yes Jennie i will pm you my mobile number closer to the date so you dont lose it...i would feel alot more reassured if i had the mobile numbers of people who know what they are doing :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

expect to be getting a call along the lines of...

*HI ....ermm im lost....theres i can see a statue and a big building im by a bus stop do i go left or right? :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: *

Hi guys, I'm one of the Kings Cross bunch!! Our train should be getting in at around 12.

Bexxy - I know it would be a bit out of your way, but you could meet us all there too ;)

Jennie - I don't know wich tube we have to get?!! I think the nearest station to SH is Blackfriars and I think we have to change at some point but I don't know which line we have to get. I will investigate!!

Hi guys, I'm one of the Kings Cross bunch!! Our train should be getting in at around 12.

Bexxy - I know it would be a bit out of your way, but you could meet us all there too ;)

Jennie - I don't know wich tube we have to get?!! I think the nearest station to SH is Blackfriars and I think we have to change at some point but I don't know which line we have to get. I will investigate!!

Temple is the closest stop I think which is one down from Blackfriars on the Circle line. Quickest way is to get the Northern line down to Bank. Walk from Bank through to Monument then get the Circle line 4 stops to Temple. (I think)

Ok my plan is to arrive in London on the 16th in the morning book into the Picadilly Hostel and then for the day on the 16th go exploring check out the tubes and do a test run to somerset house on the tubes. And if i have time go to london zoo aswell :naughty:

Sure i think on the 17th i will go and meet you guys at Kings Cross to make our way to the venue .....although i will have to make that journey from picadilly circus - king cross on my own in fancy dress :blink:

thats what scares me the most :bleh:

Temple is the closest stop I think which is one down from Blackfriars on the Circle line. Quickest way is to get the Northern line down to Bank. Walk from Bank through to Monument then get the Circle line 4 stops to Temple. (I think)

Phew! I'm glad you know - guess who we'll all be following! :wink2:

I tried looking on the London transport site and it was as clear as mud! It said we had to get a train to Brighton!

Phew! I'm glad you know - guess who we'll all be following! :wink2:

I tried looking on the London transport site and it was as clear as mud! It said we had to get a train to Brighton!

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Brighton?!!?! haha looks like it wants you to take the extra long route :naughty:

Ok my plan is to arrive in London on the 16th in the morning book into the Picadilly Hostel and then for the day on the 16th go exploring check out the tubes and do a test run to somerset house on the tubes. And if i have time go to london zoo aswell :naughty:

Sure i think on the 17th i will go and meet you guys at Kings Cross to make our way to the venue .....although i will have to make that journey from picadilly circus - king cross on my own in fancy dress :blink:

Eeeek - I'm not surprised. Well at least people will leave you alone - they will all think you are a nutter!! :wink2: Can you wear some and carry some? I think that is what I am going to try and do to try and look as normal as possible!

Bexx do you want me to meet you at Picadilly in the morning (and I'll get changed) then we can both go to meet the others in our costumes? Won't feel quite as silly then (and there's less chance of getting lost!)

Eeeek - I'm not surprised. Well at least people will leave you alone - they will all think you are a nutter!! :wink2: Can you wear some and carry some? I think that is what I am going to try and do to try and look as normal as possible!

well yes i can carry the wings and antenna and i will see about making the legs detachable ...but no the less i will still be walking through london with a red skirt with black dots , matching top and possibly face paint aswell :roftl:

But very true people may think i am mad and avoid me at all costs :cool:

well yes i can carry the wings and antenna and i will see about making the legs detachable ...but no the less i will still be walking through london with a red skirt with black dots , matching top and possibly face paint aswell :roftl:

But very true people may think i am mad and avoid me at all costs :cool:

Either that or you will get loads of tourists trying to take your picture! :roftl: I am sure when there are a few of us on the tubes or in the queue - we definitely will :roftl: :roftl:

Bexx do you want me to meet you at Picadilly in the morning (and I'll get changed) then we can both go to meet the others in our costumes? Won't feel quite as silly then (and there's less chance of getting lost!)

Do you know what Jennie i like that idea...you can come and get changed in my room at the hostel im sure they wont mind....and i definately wont feel as embarrassed then if we are both dressed up.

*plus i wont get lost* :naughty:

that is if its alright with you?

Either that or you will get loads of tourists trying to take your picture! :roftl: I am sure when there are a few of us on the tubes or in the queue - we definitely will :roftl: :roftl:

Its going to be a strange day in London lots of people in fancy dress gathering from all over the place :naughty:

Do you know what Jennie i like that idea...you can come and get changed in my room at the hostel im sure they wont mind....and i definately wont feel as embarrassed then if we are both dressed up.

*plus i wont get lost* :naughty:

that is if its alright with you?

Yep :thumb_yello:

Then I don't have to get my train in my costume on my own and neither do you!

It'll ake about 35 mins to get to Picadilly I think from my sisters house. So I'll meet you bout...10/11ish? then we can get the tube for like...5 stops I think to Kings Cross! :thumb_yello:

Good plan I think