(+16 ONLY) This Ones For Us Girls

Mikachu

:roftl: nah everyone speaks like me...but as i said u have those that think they r jamaicans and others who think they r "ghetto" and speak really badly and use a lot of trini slangs.

like when i watch the news i don't hear an accent from them lol, but i wish i can say i do!

normally people on tv don't speak like me (like the national news for example, they often use a sort of "neutral" accent).

but on occasion, when they do speak like me or similar to my accent (like local news and stuff), it sounds very weird in comparison :roftl:

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hotdlp

• sherry_baby

• CazGirl

• Monshi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:biggrin2: any other...does that sound bad?! sry! u know i love u hun *kram*

no no i just wanna hear it soo bad. i would have record myself and let u listen and tell me where i'm going wrong, but nah lol!

hahah I know you do! :biggrin2: and I love you too my sweet Kavita :wink2: *kramar*

ok I searched youtube for anything in Swedish. I found a clip from TV. An interview with a huge and talented and famous musician in Sweden! (he's almost 50 now I think, but he's been famous for 30 years or something. all his songs are absolute classics!)

Per Gessle is his name. and he's from my town! :biggrin2: he speaks pretty much like me. the interviewer's got a more neutral accent. notice the "r". He (and I) pronounce them in the back of our throats, like the French. (a very, very light kind of a French r though!) And she pronounces them in the front of her tounge :bleh:

by the way: have you seen the movie "Pretty woman" with Julia Roberts?

do you know in the end, when she sits in the white limo a song called "It must have been love is playing". That's "Roxette" and Per Gessle wrote that :P He sings and makes music with a woman and they together call themselves "Roxette"

(plus he's got an old Swedish band plus he does music as a solo artist and so on..)

anyway.. here are the links :thumb_yello:

part one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1dPJbjUrBg

part two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JufqMPdMVto

I haven't listened through both of them. Though I just think it's a bunch of talking ^^

the song "it must have been love" :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDLxzDVYKgE

hahah I know you do! :biggrin2: and I love you too my sweet Kavita :wink2: *kramar*

ok I searched youtube for anything in Swedish. I found a clip from TV. An interview with a huge and talented and famous musician in Sweden! (he's almost 50 now I think, but he's been famous for 30 years or something. all his songs are absolute classics!)

Per Gessle is his name. and he's from my town! :biggrin2: he speaks pretty much like me. the interviewer's got a more neutral accent. notice the "r". He (and I) pronounce them in the back of our throats, like the French. (a very, very light kind of a French r though!) And she pronounces them in the front of her tounge :bleh:

by the way: have you seen the movie "Pretty woman" with Julia Roberts?

do you know in the end, when she sits in the white limo a song called "It must have been love is playing". That's "Roxette" and Per Gessle wrote that :P He sings and makes music with a woman and they together call themselves "Roxette"

(plus he's got an old Swedish band plus he does music as a solo artist and so on..)

anyway.. here are the links :thumb_yello:

part one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1dPJbjUrBg

part two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JufqMPdMVto

I haven't listened through both of them. Though I just think it's a bunch of talking ^^

gah i can't listen to them now :thumbdown: my mom and bro here...and my bro always telling on me and they find i'm addicted and spend too much time, plus i'm doing my work...mom doesn't understand multitasking!!!!!!

so they r both behind me watchin tv...and everytime i switch over to mfc, he telling mom to look! argh!!!!

plus when mom came upstairs, he took the mouse and clicked on mfc from the toolbar and was like "look she not doing her work...only on mika!" he annoys me sooo much!

i wished they understood!!! i think too it's cause they don't like him that they r pressuring me more!

what time is it by u?

it's 9:10 pm here and i would be here really late...or early if u look at it being sat lol...

and hopefully by 10 they would go and sleep!!!

and the thing is i still manage to do all my work and maintain my A...gosh i wish they just ease off!

i mean i'm addicted to mfc and mika, and i do live here, but i still do my work u know!!!!!

gah i can't listen to them now : my mom and bro here...and my bro always telling on me and they find i'm addicted and spend too much time, plus i'm doing my work...mom doesn't understand multitasking!!!!!!

so they r both behind me watchin tv...and everytime i switch over to mfc, he telling mom to look! argh!!!!

plus when mom came upstairs, he took the mouse and clicked on mfc from the toolbar and was like "look she not doing her work...only on mika!" he annoys me sooo much!

aarrgh! mean little brother you got there! :sneaky2:

and I know the feeling.. we're all addicted. and we all have to listen to nagging because of it! it's not our fault I say. It's Mika's godliness and the MFC's greatness that just pulls us in! :biggrin2: (not that we mind being pulled..:^^ )

Jass said something like this once "if they're not addicted they will never understand. so just ignore them!" :mf_rosetinted:

not easy at all times, but I do try my best :bleh:

it's ok, you can just listen to them later :thumb_yello:

btw.. what time is it over there now? :blink:

aarrgh! mean little brother you got there! :sneaky2:

and I know the feeling.. we're all addicted. and we all have to listen to nagging because of it! it's not our fault I say. It's Mika's godliness and the MFC's greatness that just pulls us in! :biggrin2: (not that we mind being pulled..:^^ )

Jass said something like this once "if they're not addicted they will never understand. so just ignore them!" :mf_rosetinted:

not easy at all times, but I do try my best :bleh:

it's ok, you can just listen to them later :thumb_yello:

btw.. what time is it over there now? :blink:

LOL and the sad thing is he's 4 yrs older than me!!! he's 22!! he just lives his life to harass me!

i know non-mfcers just don't understand! not even my bestest friends! they totally drive me nuts, cause whenever i'm talking bout mika they always r like ok hunny u need to calm down, u're too obsessed blah blah blah! and then they change the topic and i feel soooo grrrr!!!!!

that's why i love mfc! noone will ever tell me to stop talking bout mika! and everyone is super sweet!

WHY DON'T PPL GET IT?!?!?!?!?!

i wished they understood!!! i think too it's cause they don't like him that they r pressuring me more!

what time is it by u?

it's 9:10 pm here and i would be here really late...or early if u look at it being sat lol...

there ya go elina :biggrin2:

what time is it by u?

oh I know! it's annoying! my mum likes his music. but she still doesn't get "it" though. *sigh*

you don't want to know what time it is here :roftl:

(03.20am. I know. I'm insane.. :blink::roftl: )

and the thing is i still manage to do all my work and maintain my A...gosh i wish they just ease off!

i mean i'm addicted to mfc and mika, and i do live here, but i still do my work u know!!!!!

if you've got such good grades they really should let you be. or atleast give you a bit more peace! :blink::wink2:

unfortunately, our families aren't like MFCers (and expecially the girls thread girls), sweet and kind at all times! :wink2:

LOL and the sad thing is he's 4 yrs older than me!!! he's 22!! he just lives his life to harass me!

i know non-mfcers just don't understand! not even my bestest friends! they totally drive me nuts, cause whenever i'm talking bout mika they always r like ok hunny u need to calm down, u're too obsessed blah blah blah! and then they change the topic and i feel soooo grrrr!!!!!

that's why i love mfc! noone will ever tell me to stop talking bout mika! and everyone is super sweet!

WHY DON'T PPL GET IT?!?!?!?!?!

he's 22?! :roftl: OMG I'm sorry..! I just assumed he was younger... xD xD

I don't bug my friends too much with Mika. I mean, I do. :bleh: But I think it's because we don't go to school and don't see eachother everyday. They haven't told me to shut up yet.. but I can tell that sometimes, they're not really paying that much attention to what I'm saying :blink::naughty:

yes, mfcers are the bestest :mf_rosetinted: you can talk about anything (even non-Mika-related) and they're always very sweet. Mika's got the greatest fans! :wub2:

and I have no idea why people don't get it.. I guess we just have to accept it and move on.. More Mika for us believers that way anyway! ^^

But I would love to convert every single person on earth! impossible though.. but I have done an almost full conversion of my best friend :D don't think she'll join mfc anytime soon though.. but I'm working on it! ^^

i know. but the worst thing is, that's how they...esp my mom...is all the time.

even my friends sometimes beg mom 2 let me go out with them and stuff cause she's strict.

and the thing is EVERYONE knows i'm responsible and a good person, u know, plus i still maintain my A's, yet she doesn't treat me like a responsible 18 yr old!!! everyone says she worries for no reason!

it annoys me...i mean i know she's a mom and all that, but i always tell her i won't know what she would have done if she had a kid like some nowadays....like when i was 14 2 classmates got pregnant, when i was fifteen 1 other got pregnant and when i was 16 another one got pregnant! i don't even have a bf!!!

and i tell her i don't go to clubs, i hate going out in general ach and i don't drink or do drugs ARGHHHH. sorry for the rant, i will stop now!

oh I know! it's annoying! my mum likes his music. but she still doesn't get "it" though. *sigh*

you don't want to know what time it is here :roftl:

(03.20am. I know. I'm insane.. :blink::roftl: )

u guys r 3 hrs ahead ofus!

dw it's nice to have company :biggrin2:

my record was ach 3:20 am!

he's 22?! OMG I'm sorry..! I just assumed he was younger... xD xD

I don't bug my friends too much with Mika. I mean, I do. :bleh: But I think it's because we don't go to school and don't see eachother everyday. They haven't told me to shut up yet.. but I can tell that sometimes, they're not really paying that much attention to what I'm saying :blink:

yes, mfcers are the bestest :mf_rosetinted: you can talk about anything (even non-Mika-related) and they're always very sweet. Mika's got the greatest fans! :wub2:

and I have no idea why people don't get it.. I guess we just have to accept it and move on.. More Mika for us believers that way anyway! ^^

But I would love to convert every single person on earth! impossible though.. but I have done an almost full conversion of my best friend :D don't think she'll join mfc anytime soon.. but I'm working on it! ^^

:lmao: he acts like a 5 yr old, so yeah lol! he's sooooo immature!!!

no i don't bug them much...the most i can get is 2 mins...lol most of the time when we're talking and i say mika, they shut me up right away :boxed:

yes we can talk about anything..everyone really cares. it amazes me too that we have tons in common!!!

there ya go elina :

funny how we asked about the time at the exact same time :roftl:

i know. but the worst thing is, that's how they...esp my mom...is all the time.

even my friends sometimes beg mom 2 let me go out with them and stuff cause she's strict.

and the thing is EVERYONE knows i'm responsible and a good person, u know, plus i still maintain my A's, yet she doesn't treat me like a responsible 18 yr old!!! everyone says she worries for no reason!

it annoys me...i mean i know she's a mom and all that, but i always tell her i won't know what she would have done if she had a kid like some nowadays....like when i was 14 2 classmates got pregnant, when i was fifteen 1 other got pregnant and when i was 16 another one got pregnant! i don't even have a bf!!!

and i tell her i don't go to clubs, i hate going out in general ach and i don't drink or do drugs ARGHHHH. sorry for the rant, i will stop now!

it's fine =)

but that's a lot of classmates with kids you've got there! :shocked:

and Im really sorry that you're mum's so strict :thumbdown: my parents aren't. they never have been. I've always been responsible and able to go out whenever I wanted. but I don't really go out that often anyway :bleh: I decide everything for myself and have for a long time (even long before I was 18) but I still live at home. it's mostly the computer thing they bug me about, nothing else that I can think of really. (it's not my own computer, it's my mum's. not that she uses it very often and my dad and brothers' got other computers. but they use that fact as a weapon. threatening to put a password on it :sneaky2: )

"lmao: he acts like a 5 yr old, so yeah lol! he's sooooo immature!!!

no i don't bug them much...the most i can get is 2 mins...lol most of the time when we're talking and i say mika, they shut me up right away

yes we can talk about anything..everyone really cares. it amazes me too that we have tons in common!!!

your older brother, the 5year old! :roftl:

lol! my mum's like that! she often says "no Mika" and gives me this look before I have even opened my mouth! :blink: and most of the times I'm going to talk about something totally different..!

yes that is amazing! and it amazes me that everyone are so nice, caring and friendly on this forum aswell. I've never been a member on a forum like this before, but I don't think that's very common, is it? This forum's got such a nice atmosphere =) I hope that never changes!

.... :blink:

I don't get what you mean, sorry! :blush-anim-cl:

You say you're talking to Paris?

I'm confused sorry!!

x

I've always loved Paris and I LOOOOVE MFC so the two go together.

Basically, I only tell Mika fans (Or potential converties) about MFC because if I flaunt it lots, you might get people like LN.

Those are the initials of this guy from school that made my life totally horrible and follows me wherever I go!

He's one of the reasons I left the last fansite (idolblog)

Now I'm keeping this one `my naught but nice paradise` ;)