The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goodnight my fellow Canadians - I'm waking up really early tomorrow morning to go to an H & M Warehouse Sale - I know...it's silly, to waste time standing in line for a sale, but I'm sometimes a sucker for that sort of shallow, materialistic ritual. I just get a high from getting great bargains and I'll be happy with a Tim's Coffee and a newpaper for the couple of hours I'm in line. Being in a lineup for hours will prep me for my queuing in London for the Mika gigs in December.

Happy Dreams - be safe everyone! Look on the ground before taking your steps, there might just be a piece of fruit or vegetable that might come out from nowhere and make you trip and fall! :wink2:

Medical Social Worker. Currently on Disability. My last day worked was Hallowe'en 2001! Hard to believe!!!:shocked:

Thank god there are some advantages. I'd probably have gone insane by now if there weren't!:blink::boxed:

What fun things do you like to do ..choirs....activity group?

Volunteering? like at the SPCA? you love animals !!

oh, Joan...is your manager ok now?

Well, as well as can be expected for an 84 year old cardiac patient. She is such a sweet heart! She's still managing to live independently at home!

Goodnight my fellow Canadians - I'm waking up really early tomorrow morning to go to an H & M Warehouse Sale - I know...it's silly, to waste time standing in line for a sale, but I'm sometimes a sucker for that sort of shallow, materialistic ritual. I just get a high from getting great bargains and I'll be happy with a Tim's Coffee and a newpaper for the couple of hours I'm in line. Being in a lineup for hours will prep me for my queuing in London for the Mika gigs in December.

Happy Dreams - be safe everyone! Look on the ground before taking your steps, there might just be a piece of fruit or vegetable that might come out from nowhere and make you trip and fall! :wink2:

Duly noted!!!:thumb_yello:

Yes, those rotten veggies - they can just be such nasty, antagonistic and sneaky little buggers!!!:sneaky2: Be afraid... be very afraid!!!

What fun things do you like to do ..choirs....activity group?

Volunteering? like at the SPCA? you love animals !!

There are a whole slew of things I love to do - volunteering for the SPCA is at the top of the list! However, having been so majorly ill for soooo long I really have been unable to do anything except survive from one day to the next (and that was just barely getting by - I was literally housebound, and more dead than alive). I really haven't been in contact with anyone, was a total recluse. I would only see my doctors and therapist. I keep struggling to get "back on my feet", so then what happens? 2 steps forward and 10 back. I'm just about to stand up and wham! I get runover yet again - just to fall down (literally as well as figuratively!) Story of my life. Yet the fight continues.... as long as there is still life......

Hey this thread is actually alive!!!:roftl:

Too bad it's THE only night I'm not on MFC!

OMG - this is sooooo stupid.... have you heard Duran Duran's latest single "Falling Down"??? This should be my theme song!!! I had another fall - it was NOT my fault - there was this really mangy lettuce on the floor of this grocery store - well, it jumped out at me and I slipped... and fell.... on the left side this time.... and almost fractured my ribs on the left side.... well, at least I'm all balanced now, having bruised ribs on BOTH sides!!!

I really do live up to my nickname of "Calamity Joan"!!!

Ask Suzanne how I cheated death last Monday. It's unbelievable!!!:shocked:

:shocked: Poor Joan! You got the baddest luck!

[color="DarkOrchid

cooool !!! here Relax is slowly starting to take a bow... time to release a new single !!!!! for some reason I think they won't release Big Girl and skip directly to Happy Ending... I don't know why it's just a feeling I have...

me !

[/color]

I heard Big Girl on CKOI last saturday:punk:

There are a whole slew of things I love to do - volunteering for the SPCA is at the top of the list! However, having been so majorly ill for soooo long I really have been unable to do anything except survive from one day to the next (and that was just barely getting by - I was literally housebound, and more dead than alive). I really haven't been in contact with anyone, was a total recluse. I would only see my doctors and therapist. I keep struggling to get "back on my feet", so then what happens? 2 steps forward and 10 back. I'm just about to stand up and wham! I get runover yet again - just to fall down (literally as well as figuratively!) Story of my life. Yet the fight continues.... as long as there is still life......

:boxing: Good luck with your fight and I hope you'll won for good someday :huglove:

OMG! OMG OMG OMG OMG I HAD THE BIGGEST SPAZ THE OTHER DAY WHEN I HAPPENED TO HEAR MY DAD SCREAMING IN THE COMPUTER ROOM. HE WAS ALSO CLAPPING HIS HANDS AND GOING WOO HOO, BUT ANYWHO, I WALKED INTO SEE NONE OTHER THEN MY BOYEE MATS ON THE TV GETTING A STANDING OVATION. I STARTED TO FREAK OUT BECAUSE HE GOT THE MOST POINTS IN TML HISTORY, HE EVEN BEAT MY OTHER BOYEE DARRYL SITTLER BY 1 INCREDIBLE POINT!!! I WAS FREAKING OUT BECAUSE MR.13 IS MY FAVOURITE PLAYER OF ALL TIMES AND TML IS MY FAVOURITE TEAM!!! I FREAKED OUT AND WENT CRAZY AND TOLD MY FRIENDS AND IT WAS JUST A TRULY HEARTWARMING THING TO SEE FOR THE CAPTAIN OF TML AND THE BEST PLAYER EVEER! MATS SUNDIN I LOVE YOU, THOUGH YOU'RE PROBABLY NOT READING THIS..AND IF YOU DID THAT'D BE REALLY WEIRD..BUT YOU NEVER KNOW YOU COULD BE A MIKA FAN, LOL. I love you mats sundin:wub2:

Well keep on fighting !!! I'm sure I speak for everyone at the Canadian Thread when I say we'll support you all the way !!!

I heard Big Girl on CKOI last saturday:punk:

:shocked: REALLY !!!!!!!!!!??????????? OK Monday I got to email Denis Fortin and tell him : WTF !!! why does CKOI have a new Mika single and not Énergie !!! This is a scandal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! OMG .......... YOU NEVER KNOW YOU COULD BE A MIKA FAN, LOL. I love you mats sundin:wub2:

:blink: .... that was intense ! lol

:shocked: REALLY !!!!!!!!!!??????????? OK Monday I got to email Denis Fortin and tell him : WTF !!! why does CKOI have a new Mika single and not Énergie !!! This is a scandal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the hairdresser and waiting and I surprisingly caught myself singing Big Girl! The radio was on but not loud but IT WAS BIG GIRL! After they played Relax (I was at the hairdresser for more than 2 hours)

You have to email Denis Fortin!.

I was at the hairdresser and waiting and I surprisingly caught myself singing Big Girl! The radio was on but not loud but IT WAS BIG GIRL! After they played Relax (I was at the hairdresser for more than 2 hours)

You have to email Denis Fortin!.

oooooh really?????

wowzers! how is everyone doing/??????

:punk: :punk: :thumb_yello:

OMG! OMG OMG OMG OMG I HAD THE BIGGEST SPAZ THE OTHER DAY WHEN I HAPPENED TO HEAR MY DAD SCREAMING IN THE COMPUTER ROOM. HE WAS ALSO CLAPPING HIS HANDS AND GOING WOO HOO, BUT ANYWHO, I WALKED INTO SEE NONE OTHER THEN MY BOYEE MATS ON THE TV GETTING A STANDING OVATION. I STARTED TO FREAK OUT BECAUSE HE GOT THE MOST POINTS IN TML HISTORY, HE EVEN BEAT MY OTHER BOYEE DARRYL SITTLER BY 1 INCREDIBLE POINT!!! I WAS FREAKING OUT BECAUSE MR.13 IS MY FAVOURITE PLAYER OF ALL TIMES AND TML IS MY FAVOURITE TEAM!!! I FREAKED OUT AND WENT CRAZY AND TOLD MY FRIENDS AND IT WAS JUST A TRULY HEARTWARMING THING TO SEE FOR THE CAPTAIN OF TML AND THE BEST PLAYER EVEER! MATS SUNDIN I LOVE YOU, THOUGH YOU'RE PROBABLY NOT READING THIS..AND IF YOU DID THAT'D BE REALLY WEIRD..BUT YOU NEVER KNOW YOU COULD BE A MIKA FAN, LOL. I love you mats sundin:wub2:

you are excited!!!! very very goood!!!!

Hi Guys! How's the clan tonight? :wink2:

Thank you all for your kind words of support...... I really, really appreciate it..... :biggrin2: I don't have a whole lot of it, so it is ALWAYS welcome!!!

It was a gorgeous day today here in Vancouver! I got out, took a walk, didn't fall or get hit by any cars...... no one was rude or inappropriate or mean..... I didn't have to wait to see any doctors or stand in a long line at the pharmacy for a laundry list of prescriptions...... in other words, it was an extra special great kinda like a holiday something-weird-going-on-here-better-take-advantage-must-be-a-full-moon-don't-complain-enjoy-it-while-you-can-kinda-day!!!! LOL LOL LOL :naughty::roftl: WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!:punk:

Hi Guys! How's the clan tonight? :wink2:

Thank you all for your kind words of support...... I really, really appreciate it..... :biggrin2: I don't have a whole lot of it, so it is ALWAYS welcome!!!

It was a gorgeous day today here in Vancouver! I got out, took a walk, didn't fall or get hit by any cars...... no one was rude or inappropriate or mean..... I didn't have to wait to see any doctors or stand in a long line at the pharmacy for a laundry list of prescriptions...... in other words, it was an extra special great kinda like a holiday something-weird-going-on-here-better-take-advantage-must-be-a-full-moon-don't-complain-enjoy-it-while-you-can-kinda-day!!!! LOL LOL LOL :naughty::roftl: WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!:punk:

hey girl!!! was thinking of you today. ...hoping you were on line! I really look forward to seeing you on here:) and if you need any pharmaceutical advice you can PM too:) happy to help!

I'm here!

Mm, sole. I <heart> fish. I haven't gotten around to cooking dinner yet. :boxed:

how are you doing? ????

i am going out in 10 minutes and Ritchie is going to record the top 40countdown on my fave radio station! MIKA is at 13 for a month in a row! wonder if the DJ has some scoops......:):)