• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so , Joan, how was your day today?

What did you do ?

did you get the email I sent you the other day?

how is your kittie?

I have had a fun time sitting in front of my radio waiting for Relax to show up ! and oh it did!:) it was time for a happy dance

I have had such a spiritual experience today working on song

so , Joan, how was your day today?

What did you do ?

did you get the email I sent you the other day?

how is your kittie?

I have had a fun time sitting in front of my radio waiting for Relax to show up ! and oh it did!:) it was time for a happy dance

I have had such a spiritual experience today working on song

My day was lazy - played on the computer, watched TV, played with Cali - what a sweetheart, as per usual!

Yes, I got your e-mail, thanking me for the care-package - you are more than welcome - haha - wait 'til Xmas!!!

You phone in the radio lots, eh? That's cool. I read on the other thread - both you and Moody also love Any Other World! It's my favourite (and apparently Mika's too!)

Your music is lovely!!!!:thumb_yello:

My day was lazy - played on the computer, watched TV, played with Cali - what a sweetheart, as per usual!

Yes, I got your e-mail, thanking me for the care-package - you are more than welcome - haha - wait 'til Xmas!!!

You phone in the radio lots, eh? That's cool. I read on the other thread - both you and Moody also love Any Other World! It's my favourite (and apparently Mika's too!)

it makes me cry

its so gorgeous on so many levels

...One of the main reasons is what happened to my father when he was a child and what could have happened to my Grandmother and if I see or hear anything about Dresden in Germany I start to cry .and tremble and go into a trance..my father left Germany when he was eight under very bad circumstances...Grandma and Grandpa, dad, his sisters as children fled Germany as refugees. For me the song is about World War 2. When Grandma was a mother with her three young children, she was seeing a friend in a town near Dresden. Her friend wanted to go to Dresden withGrandma to see the city. That night on Feb 14th 1945 Grandma decided at the last moment not to get on the the train to Dresden. Her friend did and was never heard from again. That train was destroyed that night during the fire storm when the city was destroyed. All people on that train were killed. I am trembling right now and I am going to write a song about this..I feel I need to.

it makes me cry

its so gorgeous on so many levels

...One of the main reasons is what happened to my father when he was a child and what could have happened to my Grandmother and if I see or hear anything about Dresden in Germany I start to cry .and tremble and go into a trance..my father left Germany when he was eight under very bad circumstances...Grandma and Grandpa, dad, his sisters as children fled Germany as refugees. For me the song is about World War 2. When Grandma was a mother with her three young children, she was seeing a friend in a town near Dresden. Her friend wanted to go to Dresden withGrandma to see the city. That night on Feb 14th 1945 Grandma decided at the last moment not to get on the the train to Dresden. Her friend did and was never heard from again. That train was destroyed that night during the fire storm when the city was destroyed. All people on that train were killed. I am trembling right now and I am going to write a song about this..I feel I need to.

OMG......

That is amazing... and your song will be powerful and poignant..... My family also was affected by the Holocaust - they fought in the war and some were imprisoned in the concentration camps (I'm Jewish).... by the time you are 2 years old you are already brainwashed to hate Hitler and Natzis!!!

It is so comforting and therapeutic to be able to utilize your talents in a cathartic way....... your song will not only tell an important story it will help to heal a gaping wound.....

are you free weekends in November?

I want to come around November 10th or 17th for a weekend and we can meet.

OMG......

That is amazing... and your song will be powerful and poignant..... My family also was affected by the Holocaust - they fought in the war and some were imprisoned in the concentration camps (I'm Jewish).... by the time you are 2 years old you are already brainwashed to hate Hitler and Natzis!!!

It is so comforting and therapeutic to be able to utilize your talents in a cathartic way....... your song will not only tell an important story it will help to heal a gaping wound.....

There is a lot of pain in my family history..but yes writing this song actually a series of songs....from the birth of my Grandparents to When the Berlin Wall Fell ( When I watched the movie called the Lives of Others...I went into a Catatonic fit and screamed because it was essentially about my father if he had stayed in Germany. If he had stayed in Germany he would have been trapped in East Germany and he would not have met my mum...and well..its another thing I don't want to wonder about". I think I have Jewish Heritage somewhere. My Grandma had many Jewish friends

and I used to have a Jewish Boyfriend . I essentially have a great admiration for Judaism and the spirituality in it.

ahhh I am glad I am talking about this as I have always wanted to write a series of songs, pieces about my family history which is even stranger...like how my mum from New Zealand met a Prussian. Sounds like a fairy tale of some kind!

:):) I am so moved that I can speak of this with you, Joan.

There is a lot of pain in my family history..but yes writing this song actually a series of songs....from the birth of my Grandparents to When the Berlin Wall Fell ( When I watched the movie called the Lives of Others...I went into a Catatonic fit and screamed because it was essentially about my father if he had stayed in Germany. If he had stayed in Germany he would have been trapped in East Germany and he would not have met my mum...and well..its another thing I don't want to wonder about". I think I have Jewish Heritage somewhere. My Grandma had many Jewish friends

and I used to have a Jewish Boyfriend . I essentially have a great admiration for Judaism and the spirituality in it.

ahhh I am glad I am talking about this as I have always wanted to write a series of songs, pieces about my family history which is even stranger...like how my mum from New Zealand met a Prussian. Sounds like a fairy tale of some kind!

:):) I am so moved that I can speak of this with you, Joan.

Oh yeah! This is soo cool! There is so much about that era that is fascinating - yes - but also tragic and heartbreaking and most of all, needs to be told - over and over and over again, so that no one ever forgets that this has occurred! I become absolutely irate when these moronic Holocaust naysayers start babbling their nonsense that it never happened - those guys need to be locked away in a gas chamber themselves, see how they like it!!! The danger of denying this or forgeting this is, of course, repeating it. Skinheads, KKK and other such losers need to be dealt with early, before they ever become a serious threat like the Third Reich..... Oh, don't get me started..... But we can talk about this whenever you like.... My father was in the Air Force, in a special elite commando force, and he had some pretty rad stories to tell! And one of my uncles, also in the Air Force, was shot down - he was the only survivor on the flight! And my sister-in-law's parents survived Aushwitz (sp?) !!!:shocked:

Oh yeah! This is soo cool! There is so much about that era that is fascinating - yes - but also tragic and heartbreaking and most of all, needs to be told - over and over and over again, so that no one ever forgets that this has occurred! I become absolutely irate when these moronic Holocaust naysayers start babbling their nonsense that it never happened - those guys need to be locked away in a gas chamber themselves, see how they like it!!! The danger of denying this or forgeting this is, of course, repeating it. Skinheads, KKK and other such losers need to be dealt with early, before they ever become a serious threat like the Third Reich..... Oh, don't get me started..... But we can talk about this whenever you like.... My father was in the Air Force, in a special elite commando force, and he had some pretty rad stories to tell! And one of my uncles, also in the Air Force, was shot down - he was the only survivor on the flight! And my sister-in-law's parents survived Aushwitz (sp?) !!!:shocked:

There is a Synagogue in Victoria (the Oldest in Canada) which has a Hebrew School and there is a Jewish Choir and is the Jewish Community Centre here in town with the best Corn Beef sandwiches on the planet and the best chocolate cake in the Universe! its called "Better Than Sex"Chocolate Cake! and two Jewish Bakeries with Terrific Bagels and Challah Bread (erm to my dismay ...my figure likes them too much...oh well!! teeheeeee). I am learning a middle eastern scale for my music to give the Middle Eastern flavour..I might write a piece about Israel ..and speaking of which...When I heard that Mika was from Lebanon,,,I smiled because one of my friends is a real dear and reminds me very much of MIKA's mum . She is an opera singer, an Italian Teacher, an etiquette teacher very much a madame! Her name is Najla! She is from Beruit too.

Which makes me think is there something to this increased fondness of MIKA in Victoria...MIKA is rising in the charts here! not falling!

There is a Synagogue in Victoria (the Oldest in Canada) which has a Hebrew School and there is a Jewish Choir and is the Jewish Community Centre here in town with the best Corn Beef sandwiches on the planet and the best chocolate cake in the Universe! its called "Better Than Sex"Chocolate Cake! and two Jewish Bakeries with Terrific Bagels and Challah Bread (erm to my dismay ...my figure likes them too much...oh well!! teeheeeee). I am learning a middle eastern scale for my music to give the Middle Eastern flavour..I might write a piece about Israel ..and speaking of which...When I heard that Mika was from Lebanon,,,I smiled because one of my friends is a real dear and reminds me very much of MIKA's mum . She is an opera singer, an Italian Teacher, an etiquette teacher very much a madame! Her name is Najla! She is from Beruit too.

Which makes me think is there something to this increased fondness of MIKA in Victoria...MIKA is rising in the charts here! not falling!

HAHA But Mika and his family are not Jewish! You know that, eh? But yeah, there is a Jewish community in Victoria and most definitely here in Vancouver! I'm originally from Montreal - now there's a pretty big Jewish community! So.... you like Jewish food, eh? WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE!?! Oy vey!! Oooooohhhh Challah..... yummm.... bagels...... oh, when you come here I'll get you bagels EXACTLY like Montreal bagels - right near where I live!!! Orgasmic! Creams cheese and lox..... We will have fun....... :naughty: Who needs men when you have animals and food???? (Wait a minute, that didn't sound quite right....:wink2::roftl: LOL!) Maybe it's getting late!:blink: I'm not religious AT ALL but I was very well-educated, going to parochial school through to grade 7, and I still somewhat observe the holidays (I never go to synagogue but I'll go to a Passover Seder every year or two). I can read and write Hebrew, I used to speak it, but that was a loooooooooong time ago, circa Jurassic Park!:wink2: The heritage and history is awesome, never ceases to amaze me. What a legacy! The trials and tribulations that the Jews have faced and endured over the ages is simply amazing - and it reminds me a lot of my own personal fight for survival. Especially honing a sense of humour - saved my skin on a few occasions...

HAHA But Mika and his family are not Jewish! You know that, eh? But yeah, there is a Jewish community in Victoria and most definitely here in Vancouver! I'm originally from Montreal - now there's a pretty big Jewish community! So.... you like Jewish food, eh? WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE!?! Oy vey!! Oooooohhhh Challah..... yummm.... bagels...... oh, when you come here I'll get you bagels EXACTLY like Montreal bagels - right near where I live!!! Orgasmic! Creams cheese and lox..... We will have fun....... :naughty: Who needs men when you have animals and food???? (Wait a minute, that didn't sound quite right....:wink2::roftl: LOL!) Maybe it's getting late!:blink: I'm not religious AT ALL but I was very well-educated, going to parochial school through to grade 7, and I still somewhat observe the holidays (I never go to synagogue but I'll go to a Passover Seder every year or two). I can read and write Hebrew, I used to speak it, but that was a loooooooooong time ago, circa Jurassic Park!:wink2: The heritage and history is awesome, never ceases to amaze me. What a legacy! The trials and tribulations that the Jews have faced and endured over the ages is simply amazing - and it reminds me a lot of my own personal fight for survival. Especially honing a sense of humour - saved my skin on a few occasions...

it is getting late! Joan! I need to go to bed ! see you later and I will figure out times when to get to Vancouver! I shall see you later and I so want to talk about this more later but i am getting tired!!!! goodnight my sweet friend..love ya.

love Suzanne:):wub2:

it is getting late! Joan! I need to go to bed ! see you later and I will figure out times when to get to Vancouver! I shall see you later and I so want to talk about this more later but i am getting tired!!!! goodnight my sweet friend..love ya.

love Suzanne:):wub2:

Yes, you have taken the words right out of my mouth!!! Have a great sleep with only Sweet Mika Dreams, and may all of the good ones come true!

Yes, you have taken the words right out of my mouth!!! Have a great sleep with only Sweet Mika Dreams, and may all of the good ones come true!

I have a fab email to share with you!

:) I emailed Crave 95! and this is what I got! two short words...but good ones! see below!

Thanks Suzanne!

Tara.Jean.

On-air producer/writer/performer

95 CRAVE - "Music that Moves you"

Suzanne Dwillies on Friday, October 12, 2007 at 6:57 PM -0800 wrote:

I love anything to do with MIKA! in fact I would like to dedicate any

MIKA song to my friends from local and far away in the MIKA fan

club! http://www.mikafanclub.com

we are a huge group of over 7100 members from over 30 countries and

we are so on the edge for any notice of any MIKA concerts!

so....I will keep my ears and eyes peeled in the Future for concerts

and I am the official Western Canada ( BC, Alberta, Yukon) Rep of the

Fan Club and I need to keep my members and the whole fan club in line

with concerts, contests

interviews etc/

You will hear much from me in the future!

Suzanne Dwillies, Victoria BC

Thankyou!

wooo!!

:) I emailed Crave 95! and this is what I got! two short words...but good ones! see below!

Thanks Suzanne!

Tara.Jean.

with concerts, contests

interviews etc/

Thankyou!

wooo!!

Cool :punk: Keep writing to them times to time, you never know when Mika will come for an interview at the radio station:wink2:

Thanks Suzanne!

Tara.Jean.

with concerts, contests

interviews etc/

Thankyou!

wooo!!

WOWZA! SUZANNE!!!! COOLNESS PERSONIFIED!!!! WAY TO GO GIRRRRLLLL!!!:punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

KEEP UP THE GRRRRREEAAATT WORK!!!:punk: :punk:

Cool :punk: Keep writing to them times to time, you never know when Mika will come for an interview at the radio station:wink2:

Did I tell you MIKA's Relax is #6 now on the local charts?

its a strange phenomina here!

Canadians! How are you?

Is anyone else wearing their winter jacket? :sneaky2:

WE'RE GOOD!

Not yet, but I'm thinking about it for tomorrow morning. I had to wear my scarf all day today though! It's so chilly up here :thumbdown:

Did I tell you MIKA's Relax is #6 now on the local charts?

its a strange phenomina here!

Back in march, when Mika was in Montreal, an artistic journalist told him to release Relax and it'd be the song of the summer... It's not really that but it's going well in the charts across Canada!