The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

Becks....did you actually modify your MIKA fan club T-shirt to have your nik name on it ?

I made my T-shirt from scratch!! I bought the shirt, cut out my name and the MFC logo!! I sewed it on and ironed on a pic of Mika onto the front. You can see the front on my Myspace in my Mika photo album!!:punk:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on the newsletter!! That's fantastic!!

:thumbdown: Yes, unfortunately, Mika has only been to Montreal and Toronto....I was actually surprised he didn't play Vancouver. I would've flown there too!! I miss Vancouver. It's a beautiful city!!

He will come to Vancouver,,,if he ends up going to LA and OZ and NZ

with out going to Vancouver ...I will get angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how does he get to play at these places? Do venues invite him? or does the management contact the venues???? need to flex my persuasive powers. Both my fave radio stations know me by name now.

I made my T-shirt from scratch!! I bought the shirt, cut out my name and the MFC logo!! I sewed it on and ironed on a pic of Mika onto the front. You can see the front on my Myspace in my Mika photo album!!:punk:

I so am going to put my name on mine! that way people can find me in the airport or something!

::):)

if you do come to Vancouver,,,maybe (if you have time) I can show you and who ever else wants to around Van and Victoria! :):) Vancouver is a good place because one would get lots of people from Seattle and LA too!

would he play in Hawaii? because if that's the case,,,going there too!

He will come to Vancouver,,,if he ends up going to LA and OZ and NZ

with out going to Vancouver ...I will get angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how does he get to play at these places? Do venues invite him? or does the management contact the venues???? need to flex my persuasive powers. Both my fave radio stations know me by name now.

I'm not sure how he is booked for these places.:shocked:

I so am going to put my name on mine! that way people can find me in the airport or something!

::):)

Haha!! I knew the shirt that Cassiopee was going to wear to the show in Montreal and she wore it to the airport when she picked me up!! It's a good idea!!

Unfortunately, I never did wear my shirt. I do wear for sleeping in now, though...:wub2:

SOrry I'm really dumb when it comes to sewing and ironing and all that sort of stuff.. but did you iron on the paper logo or was it made into material..? Sorry I'm not to smart with this stuff, again. Haha. :biggrin2:

if you do come to Vancouver,,,maybe (if you have time) I can show you and who ever else wants to around Van and Victoria! :):) Vancouver is a good place because one would get lots of people from Seattle and LA too!

would he play in Hawaii? because if that's the case,,,going there too!

My older sister used to live in Vancouver (well, Abbotsford and Maple Ridge) so I have seen a lot of Vancouver!! I would love to go back for sure! I love Stanley Park and Granville Island and of course, the shopping on Robson!!

Last time I was there, we stayed in a suite in Kitsilano (spelling?). We were a 10 minute walk from the beach....BEAUTIFUL!!! We also were there when the World Fireworks Competition was on!! I can't believe the work that went into that!!

Vancouver, Seattle, LA - anywhere on the west coast and I'm there with bells on. Bonus points if he does Vancouver AND Seattle - I think I'd go to both, if that's how it went down.

Failing that, I'm willing to do New York or even Florida if I have to. Maybe Montreal or Toronto even, but as I was yammering about before, airfare there is ridiculous.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. :mf_rosetinted:

SOrry I'm really dumb when it comes to sewing and ironing and all that sort of stuff.. but did you iron on the paper logo or was it made into material..? Sorry I'm not to smart with this stuff, again. Haha. :biggrin2:

No worries!! I printed the pic and the words onto and iron on transfer paper and put it on that way. Everything else, I cut out by hand. I had soooo much fun making it!!

Did you look at the pic?:blush-anim-cl:

My older sister used to live in Vancouver (well, Abbotsford and Maple Ridge) so I have seen a lot of Vancouver!! I would love to go back for sure! I love Stanley Park and Granville Island and of course, the shopping on Robson!!

Last time I was there, we stayed in a suite in Kitsilano (spelling?). We were a 10 minute walk from the beach....BEAUTIFUL!!! We also were there when the World Fireworks Competition was on!! I can't believe the work that went into that!!

I lived in KITS for five years! yayay!

used to go to the fireworks after working at the theatre.did you ever go to the Hollywood Theatre?(its on Broadway ) I went to UBC for 5 years!

Vancouver, Seattle, LA - anywhere on the west coast and I'm there with bells on. Bonus points if he does Vancouver AND Seattle - I think I'd go to both, if that's how it went down.

Failing that, I'm willing to do New York or even Florida if I have to. Maybe Montreal or Toronto even, but as I was yammering about before, airfare there is ridiculous.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. :mf_rosetinted:

Tell me about it:mf_rosetinted:

Becks,,,when did you first hear of Mika????

btw how many people from SASK are on MFC???

There are about 6 of us (confirmed ) from BC

Only one from Vancouver Island (me)

Well, I first heard of Mika when a friend of mine was complaining about the guy who wanted to be like Grace Kelly and how annoying the song was. The way she sang it....it's a miracle I don't hate Mika!!:bleh:

I looked him up on the internet, downloaded songs, checked out Youtube....the rest is history!!

I really think I am the only one from Saskatchewan here....:boxed:

Everytime I talk about Mika, some friends have heard Grace Kelly and like LICM but aren't as crazy as I am about him:mf_lustslow:

One friend just gives the typical ignorant comment when I mention his name..."Mika? He's gay.":sneaky2: :mad3:

I lived in KITS for five years! yayay!

used to go to the fireworks after working at the theatre.did you ever go to the Hollywood Theatre?(its on Broadway ) I went to UBC for 5 years!

No I've never been there.

you see Becks, because we are the only not-so-lonely ones..we have the power to make noise!!!!! because if a Van concert is to happen..I will book the week off and plan that huge party!!!!!! and invite as many people as possible!!!!!!

have our little dance!!! see how much it would cost to rent one of those convention rooms at a Best Western or something, or take over part of Science World ( I know the room with the gigantic piano you can play with your feet)

Well, I first heard of Mika when a friend of mine was complaining about the guy who wanted to be like Grace Kelly and how annoying the song was. The way she sang it....it's a miracle I don't hate Mika!!:bleh:

I looked him up on the internet, downloaded songs, checked out Youtube....the rest is history!!

I really think I am the only one from Saskatchewan here....:boxed:

Everytime I talk about Mika, some friends have heard Grace Kelly and like LICM but aren't as crazy as I am about him:mf_lustslow:

One friend just gives the typical ignorant comment when I mention his name..."Mika? He's gay.":sneaky2: :mad3:

No I've never been there.

its a comment that is best not said that is for sure. I love his music and who is he is for who he is. I discovered him in March at a cafe where someone was playing their iPOD over the speaker system and LICM was on it..didn't know it at the time but soon realized ,,OMG!! and the second time was

at Silver City when Love Today was on --the huge iMAx (almost) sized screen and I sat there..going (OMG-what was that??) It was so happy I was shocked and not sure what to think at first..but soon had to hear it again and the rest is history!!!!!!!!!

No worries!! I printed the pic and the words onto and iron on transfer paper and put it on that way. Everything else, I cut out by hand. I had soooo much fun making it!!

Did you look at the pic?:blush-anim-cl:

Ohh I see!

Well I saw your avatar, but I haven't seen the front.. I don't have a myspace account:bleh: I love what I see though!

It's gotten to the point where I don't even talk about Mika much to my friends cuz I hate having to defend myself for the music I like.:thumbdown:

They listen to lots of music I don't care for but I don't make ignorant comments about them. Whatever....

My younger sister and I have a deal (cuz we tend to over dramatize and talk a lot about certain things)...I am not allowed to talk about Mika to her and she can't talk about Bam Margera to me....we seem to get too carried away apparently:roftl:

It's not that she doesn't like Mika and I don't like Bam....we just get tired of hearing each other talk sometimes!! At least she understands my obsession though and doesn't laugh at me.:blink:

It's gotten to the point where I don't even talk about Mika much to my friends cuz I hate having to defend myself for the music I like.:thumbdown:

They listen to lots of music I don't care for but I don't make ignorant comments about them. Whatever....

My younger sister and I have a deal (cuz we tend to over dramatize and talk a lot about certain things)...I am not allowed to talk about Mika to her and she can't talk about Bam Margera to me....we seem to get too carried away apparently:roftl:

It's not that she doesn't like Mika and I don't like Bam....we just get tired of hearing each other talk sometimes!! At least she understands my obsession though and doesn't laugh at me.:blink:

Becks!! I totally can relate!!!!!!

Me and my friend got into the BIGGEST fight becuase she would start talking about how Mika is gay and how obvious it is RIGHT INFRONT OF ME! Just to make me mad. And really she liked Akon alot and we went camping, I brought a CD with Akon and Mika, we agreed before camping we would play both. Guess what? She skipped ALL THE MIKA! I was so mad! I wanted to go home so bad, and ofcourse I had to stay the week :thumbdown: I just don't egt why she had to say things like that, like once in a while I was O.K with but every hour it seemed like! I never ever said anything about Akon, yet she just ERRR!

Theres allloooooot more to that story..

But to sum up the ending we are no longer friends. :wink2:

who is Bam??

Ohh I see!

Well I saw your avatar, but I haven't seen the front.. I don't have a myspace account:bleh: I love what I see though!

Here's the front....

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z60/BKrugs/?action=view&current=MikaShirt002.jpg

Me and my friend got into the BIGGEST fight becuase she would start talking about how Mika is gay and how obvious it is RIGHT INFRONT OF ME! Just to make me mad. And really she liked Akon alot and we went camping, I brought a CD with Akon and Mika, we agreed before camping we would play both. Guess what? She skipped ALL THE MIKA! I was so mad! I wanted to go home so bad, and ofcourse I had to stay the week :thumbdown: I just don't egt why she had to say things like that, like once in a while I was O.K with but every hour it seemed like! I never ever said anything about Akon, yet she just ERRR!

Oh boy!! That's sad!! *hugs* It's hard when you fight with a friend and it can't be resolved. I just went throught that this summer but this friend and I have decided that since we can't resolve anything, we are going to just move past it. We have been friends for almost 20 years and hate to throw that away. Otherwise, I would've just said, "have a nice life".

funny I don't even know who Akon is??? ( i live in an isolated world these days..but I love it) yeah..some comments are best kept private and nothing wrong with curiosity...just i hate when people are so negative and derogatory

when in comes to MIKA...mind you ..my dad is becoming a MIKA fan. He was listening a mix of my music and Mika's music on a CD and he thought that he was me. He says he sounds like my music! Its a compliment when your dad says I sound like MIKA and MIKA sounds like me. Same thing happened to my Stepdad, he cried during Over My Shoulder..he thought that was my piece too! maybe I have something going here! hehe:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Here's the front....

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z60/BKrugs/?action=view&current=MikaShirt002.jpg

Oh boy!! That's sad!! *hugs* It's hard when you fight with a friend and it can't be resolved. I just went throught that this summer but this friend and I have decided that since we can't resolve anything, we are going to just move past it. We have been friends for almost 20 years and hate to throw that away. Otherwise, I would've just said, "have a nice life".

Thanks!!!!

And that's good you moved passed it. Me and my (former) friend had only been friends about 3 months or so, haha.

Do you by any chance live in Saskatoon? :biggrin2: