The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

No we should be asking Mika exactly WTF he's doing so we can stop 9 months of guessing when he's going to come back. :sneaky2:

I'll slip him my tel# and e-mail address. "Keep us posted, for goodness sake!Don't you know the troubles you put us in last summer - we were back and forth - New York?, No Montreal. Let's go to NYC, no, Montreal - oh, and Canadian Idol." Oi-Oi-Oi.:sneaky2:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even if he's not at liberty to say exactly where and when he's going to play next, maybe he'd be willing to let us know when we can expect new dates to be announced? That would at least give us something to go on. :bleh:

for sure.... if it's really gonna be in january though I reckon we should have dates soon.... well I hope so !

Oh yeah...January is the coldest month! There must be a venue where you can buy assigned and seated tickets. We're going to depend on you MFCers who live in Quebec to give us the scoop when radio stations in Quebec announce advance ticket sales. January is only 2 months away! We should also be checking Ticketmaster and/or Admissions ever so often! :shocked:

yep...SUZANNE WILL NOT MISS THIS AT ALLLLLLLL

NOPE .....I NEED TO BOOK TWO MONTHS IN ADVANCE! HOW SOON WILL I KNOW! I KNOW I TYPE IN CAPS BUT I NEED TO KNOW THIS AS SOON AS I CAN! WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!

yep...SUZANNE WILL NOT MISS THIS AT ALLLLLLLL

NOPE .....I NEED TO BOOK TWO MONTHS IN ADVANCE! HOW SOON WILL I KNOW! I KNOW I TYPE IN CAPS BUT I NEED TO KNOW THIS AS SOON AS I CAN! WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry AS SOON as we have some news we shall post it here :thumb_yello:

Ok here's the translation for the interview with Star Système

The name of the interviewer is Herby.

The parts where he speaks english are in italics

Herby : (shouts something) Montréal !

Mika smiles and comes over to see him

Herby : I’m doing great and you ?

(small Grace Kelly clip)

Herby : you sing Grace Kelly and you’re in Grace Kelly’s home tonight

Mika : oh yeah... well I don’t even want to think about it !

Voice of Herby : The World Music Awards also wanted to reward the singer Mika, who sold who sold 3 and a half million copies of his first album Life In Cartoon Motion

Mika : I’m hear to say “hi” and to say “thanks”

Voice of Herby : In less then a year, Mika definitely took over the world

Mika: wouuaooouu ! (pretends to bite into a microphone) Do you remember that scene, you know that movie... Agosta..., Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, where he takes the thing and Augustus Gloop just goes (eats microphone)

Herby : when we met in january (it was in march but whatever...) you were just starting off, and now your succesfull all over the world... this year has really been extraodinary for you

Mika : eeerrrmmm eeuuuhh... this years has been, indeed, extraordinary, but.... it’s not over yet and we’re still on the road so we have to focus and tomorrow I have a gig in Berlin and it continues on and after we will be in England, AND, around New Year we will do a gig in Montréal because it’s been a while since I went there and it was... it was one of my favorite moments in our North American (I assume he finishes his sentence with the word “tour”)

ARE YOU SERKLSD'FKA !

SDF SD;FKSDLFK;'K 30OR KL SLDF KDSFL;FK,DS ~ 1

F

ASDF

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I mean, wow, that's great, thanks for the news! (OMG! IM GOING TO IMPLODE).

Anywho, I have a question for you Montrealers who have been to Club Soda...

Uhmm..im going to this concert there.. and I have a few questions..

Since its like.. during the winter, where do we put our coats and stuff? When do you recommend I get there? Uhhh... What should I wear? Is it close to any restaurants? haha

ARE YOU SERKLSD'FKA !

SDF SD;FKSDLFK;'K 30OR KL SLDF KDSFL;FK,DS ~ 1

F

ASDF

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I mean, wow, that's great, thanks for the news! (OMG! IM GOING TO IMPLODE).

Anywho, I have a question for you Montrealers who have been to Club Soda...

Uhmm..im going to this concert there.. and I have a few questions..

Since its like.. during the winter, where do we put our coats and stuff? When do you recommend I get there? Uhhh... What should I wear? Is it close to any restaurants? haha

Well we don't know at what venue it's gonna be yet... but there's always a place where you can leave your coat. I recommend you get there EARLY. You should where something comfortable for jumping up and down and not to warm cause it gets hot. There are restaurants everywhere in Montréal basically so whatever the venue is, there should be restaurants near it !

Well we don't know at what venue it's gonna be yet... but there's always a place where you can leave your coat. I recommend you get there EARLY. You should where something comfortable for jumping up and down and not to warm cause it gets hot. There are restaurants everywhere in Montréal basically so whatever the venue is, there should be restaurants near it !

Well, I meant that I am going to a concert there, next month... Not mika lol. THANKS :D

I was really wondering about my coat though.. I was like "That's going to be a problem" llol.

Well, I meant that I am going to a concert there, next month... Not mika lol. THANKS :D

I was really wondering about my coat though.. I was like "That's going to be a problem" llol.

Oh ok I completely misunderstood SORRY ! lol !!!

Yeah you can leave your coat there.... and as for restaurants, there are plenty around

What show are you going to see ?

Oh ok I completely misunderstood SORRY ! lol !!!

Yeah you can leave your coat there.... and as for restaurants, there are plenty around

What show are you going to see ?

Paramore! If everything goes as planned.. I should be going to see Paramore perform, december 16th :)

It's alright, a lot of people don't! :D But they are great :P Just go on youtube, and type paramore and watch their new video "crushcrushcrush" its great :D

will surely do... later though cause I'm downloading the Year In Cartoon Motion file and it's bloody huge

GUYS !!!! HAVE A LOOK AT THIS !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGPLMTGibWI

:woot_jump:

It's the interview Caro was talking about !

I saw you message on myspace and Vincent said you even called me! Thanks :wub2:

Pfft....no one is being more cautious than I am

Yeah right!! I'm heading out there Mika or not.....again:biggrin2:

We don't care if Mika comes or not: we can have fun without him, can we?

I really doubt it's gonna be a seated venue honestly... and I have a good contact at Radio Énergie who can keep me informed.... well most of the time I'm the wone giving him the infos and all but hey...

don't worry, if Véro hear smth about Mika in Canada, I'll pm you all cuz I have almost all canadians in my buddy list. I take my rep task seriously :wink2:

Today I went to the Salon du Livre, which is a huge book fair and Louis-José Houde was there and I met him !!!! WOOOOT !!!

PB170028.jpg

You both look great ! :tears: I'd gone with you if it wasn't my mom's bday... *feeling a bit jealous*

Paramore! If everything goes as planned.. I should be going to see Paramore perform, december 16th

I don't know them either... I'll check. I'm always looking for small gigs to see. But I'm not lucky, I was supposed to see The Cribs last week and they cancelled :(

don't worry, if Véro hear smth about Mika in Canada, I'll pm you all cuz I have almost all canadians in my buddy list. I take my rep task seriously :wink2:

You both look great ! :tears: I'd gone with you if it wasn't my mom's bday... *feeling a bit jealous*

I don't know them either... I'll check. I'm always looking for small gigs to see. But I'm not lucky, I was supposed to see The Cribs last week and they cancelled :(

Aw, that's sucks.. They just canceled? They didn't reschedule or anything?

Yeah I called you cause I was too excited and I knew you would be the one whom I could share my excitement with lol ! :wub2:

And yeah we can have fun without Mika ! Gregory Charles and Dj Champion's presence would help us in that case though lol !

Yeah I had to wait 2 hours in line to meet LJH... but it was well worth it ! He's such a nice guy !!! I had a good laugh with him (well of course) and he really took the time to talk to every person who was there, hence the 2 hours waiting !

Oh it sucked that The Cribs cancelled ! What's up with bands cancelling all the time ! :sneaky2:

Aw, that's sucks.. They just canceled? They didn't reschedule or anything?

Oh it sucked that The Cribs cancelled ! What's up with bands cancelling all the time ! :sneaky2:

They just cancelled to support The Kaiser Chiefs in London :tears: No rescheduling for now :thumbdown:

Hey fellow Canadians!

I'm trying to get a basic sense of who might come to what gigs if Mika ever gets his pretty little bum back to North America.

So go, m'dears, to my thread and let me know if you could see yourself attending a gig in any of these cities! :punk:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10540

It really depends on the timing and the venues. Queuing for hours in Montreal in January is really not a great option, but if he just does some one-off gig there I'm sure everyone who possibly can is going to go.

If he plays some big seated venue in Toronto like Massey Hall then I'll definitely be looking to also see him at a club in a smaller US market. If some Brits are willing to go to NY then I'd like to be there too.

We need to revisit this when he announces dates.